This pavilion crossed all the boundaries in terms creativity and earned the respect and admiration of 25,000 visitors per day during Shanghai’s Expo. One of the most personal designs of Boris Micka, the Saudi Pavilion is the result of a very close collaboration with Marc Tamschick. The pavilion is a magnificent journey through the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
A moving walkway takes the visitors over the immense concave ship like pavilion that has a projecting area of 1600 sqm. During the visit the public being immersed in a three dimensional experience of beautiful landscapes and textures of Saudi culture. This pavilion is the best example where design, art and technology come together to give visitors an unforgettable experience.
- 1600 sqm of AV projection (larger than IMAX)
- Moving walkway as observation platform
- Gold Medal for Best Pavilion by Bureau International des Expositions
- Red Dot Award Design, Best of the Best 2010
- IF Communication Design Award 2012
- Bronze Medal New York Festival 2011
Saudi Commission, Expo 2010